Website owner information:
The www.cosmopolite.be website is owned by:
- Cosmopolite bvba
- Albert I laan 141
- 8620 Nieuwpoort Belgium
- VAT registration number: BE 0839.789.574
We will treat the personal data of website users and clients with due care and diligence and in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
For more information about privacy issues, please refer to the website of the Belgian Data Protection Authority: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/
Types of personal data we process
On visiting our website, we may process the following personal data:
Data about your browsing actions on our website
- IP address
- Internet browser and device type
When submitting a contact form, you may be asked to provide the following data:
- First and last names
- Address data
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
Special and/or sensitive personal data we process:
- In principle, we do not process special or sensitive personal data.
However, there may be cases where you have provided your personal data to us through the contact form. Any such information provided to us will be treated with the utmost discretion and in accordance with the applicable legislation.
In addition, we do not intend to collect data about website visitors who are under 16 years of age without the consent of their parents or guardian.
However, we cannot check whether a visitor is over 16 years old. We therefore advise parents to be closely involved in their children's online activities in order to prevent the collection of data on children without the required parental/guardian consent.
If you are convinced that we have collected personal data about a minor without this consent, please contact us using the above data.
Why we need data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To implement your booking request;
- To provide an answer to your request;
- To send our newsletter;
- To call you if this is necessary to be able to carry out our services;
- To deliver services to you;
- In addition, to analyse your behaviour on the website in order to enhance our website.
- How long we store data
We will not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which your data is collected.
Sharing personal data with third parties
Your personal data will not be sold to third parties.
In order to carry out certain actions, we rely on third parties only if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. If this is the case, we conclude a Processor Agreement with this third party in order to ensure your data retains the same level of protection and confidentiality.
- Accessing, modifying and removing your information
- You have the right to access, modify or delete your personal information at any time..
- You can make a request to access, amend or have your personal data removed using the above data.
- To ensure that the request for access, rectification or erasure has been made by you, please enclose a copy of your proof of identity together with your request. We will respond as soon as possible to your request and within four weeks at the latest.
How we secure your data
The protection of your personal data is an important concern to us and we take all appropriate measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure without your consent.
If you notice your personal data is not properly secured or if there are signs of abuse, please contact us through the above data.
We shall not be held responsible for any direct or indirect damages possibly arising from inappropriate or illegal use of personal data by a third party.
Links to other websites
Therefore, we are not responsible for the content of these sites nor for the products or services offered or found on these websites.
COSMOPOLITE’S COOKIES POLICY
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files placed on a visitor's PC.
There are different kinds of cookies such as:
- Session cookies or temporary cookies that are automatically deleted soon after you leave the website;
- Technical cookies that remember your language preferences;
- Tracking cookies that keep track of your surfing behaviour on the website;
- Social cookies that link to social media.
The cookies are generated by the website's server and/or a website partner.
The website’s server can only read its own cookies and has no access to the rest of the information stored on your PC, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
Cookies allow the server to identify the PC when you next visit the website and the server can then, for example, show your preference settings automatically.
More information about cookies can be found on the following website: https://www.aboutcookies.org
Your Data Subject Rights
Belgian legislation states that cookies may only be placed on your computer after you have been clearly notified thereof in advance and after you have consented thereto.
We would like to emphasize that most web browsers have cookie storage enabled as default on your PC or mobile device.
Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are notified whenever a cookie is to be set or that cookies are rejected.
In addition, you can always delete cookies that have already been set.
Deleting or rejecting cookies may affect user experience and certain pages of the website may function incorrectly or not at all.
You can revoke any previously granted consent.
This website uses only reliable third-party cookies.
If you notice anything suspicious please contact us.
What types of cookies are used on this website?
- Session/strictly necessary cookies
- These cookies are indispensable for the use of this website or specific parts thereof.
- Technical/functional cookies
- These cookies allow for a customised browser experience and ensure a smooth visit to our website.
- Tracking/third-party cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to analyse how visitors use the site. The overall aim is to improve services.
Users who prefer to not have their personal data reported by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.